On January 11th 2019, Age Friendly Hamilton is hosting a Senior Volunteer Fair! Click the link for more information: coahamilton.ca/2017/10/01/hcoa-10th-annual-report/
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Put free time to good use.
- Meet new people.
- Cultivate personal growth.
- Gain new experiences.
- Take on new challenges.
- Feel good and build self-esteem.
- Fulfill the need to be needed.
- Take pride in sharing your knowledge and abilities.
- Keep your body active.
- Keep your mind active.
- Stay healthy.
- Have fun!
- Wisdom & Perspective
- Patience and freedom from distraction
Not sure what kind of volunteer you’d be? Take the quiz!
Looking for more resources? Volunteer Canada have a page on volunteering and retirement.